The role of Local 10 is to provide information and support to our members. We also work jointly with our Employer to ensure the Collective Agreement is interpreted and implemented in accordance with its provisions.
The Employer has recently circulated a memo to all staff nurses regarding voluntary payout of summer vacation. Please be advised you would be paid out your vacation time, but would be working at straight time rates. Please contact your Union if you have questions or concerns.
Members at the Provincial Annual General Meeting Moc Government for nurse recruiting ad
The Public Services Sustainability Act (Bill 28) and The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act (Bill 29)
What does this bill do?
What happens when our current agreement expires?
Does the bill affect pensions or pre-retirement leave?
How is MNU responding?
When does the bill come into effect?
How does it affect nurses?
What are representation votes? * THE PROVINCIAL COLLECTIVE BARGAINING TEAM
Since April 2013, our members have experienced significant errors with the new payroll system. It is your responsibility to ensure your paystubs are accurate. Please check them regularly.
If a nurse has a question about his/her pay statement and, in particular, THE MNU DUES deduction observed in pay period 23, please contact: HR Shared Services at (204)940-8500 (Option #5)
If the Local can be of assistance please email us at email@example.com or call 204-783-4338
* PIN to access voting system will be delivered to your home between JULY 25 AND AUGUST 6
* If you have not received your PIN from Electoral Officer by AUGUST 6, call the voter Help Desk at 1-888-281-8683
* Voting will take place from AUGUST 8 to AUGUST 22, 2019
An incredible turnout at the Save the Seven Oaks ER Rally
An incredible turnout at the Save the Seven Oaks ER & ICU rally today! Thank you to all the nurses that showed up and our community and labour partners. Together we are sending a strong message to the Pallister government that we won’t stand for health care cuts and closures!
Private and Confidential Support group for all nurses in recovery from drug and alcohol addictions or wanting help and support with related problems.
Not affiliated with any professional associations or organizations.
For further info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder to all nurses
Please check your pay stubs regularly. With the new payroll system we have had many issues and errors including overpayment and underpayments. It is your responsibility to check and ensure the stub is correct. There are time lines outlined in the Collective Agreement that must be adhered to in terms of recouping losses on both sides. Seniority hours, Vacation Entitlements and Pension Benefits can be affected by errors. Please ensure accuracy of your pay statements.
Be sure to ask the mandator these questions
• Confirm the person who is mandating you is out of scope, ie, Supervisor, Manager, NOT CRN or timekeeper
• Confirm that you are being mandated and for what length of time
– Determine if you are physically/mentally able
– Remember you will have to prove/justify inability
• Confirm/question that all avenues have been exhausted
– Anticipated or unanticipated need?
– No ability to redistribute resources?
– Already offered as voluntary overtime to appropriate personnel?
Please complete Notification to Union of Mandatory Overtime Form and forward to Local 10 office
For additional information please look under “MEMBERS” Heading, for drop down “Mandatory Overtime”